Hartlepool Carers Letter and Registration
Please find enclosed information about Hartlepool Carers Services, our services are free of charge and we can support families providing support and essential care to loved ones, neighbours and friends.
We know many more people will be providing unpaid care to individuals who will be getting discharged from hospital, living with long-term illnesses, physical and learning disabilities, poor mental health and individuals who may misuse substances.
We work in partnership with Hartlepool Borough Council and Clinical Commissioning Group to ensure carers receive support at the earliest opportunity.
We can provide a range of services including (but not limited to)
- Information, Advice and Guidance around local support
- Mental Health Support
- Referrals to over 50 partner organisations, including emergency food parcels/resources
- Support families to get support from Adult Social Care including Carers Assessments
- Grant applications to purchase essential goods
- Activities and Events programme to connect families (via technology), with many prizes give-aways
- Vulnerable Carers weekly contact call service (including young carers)
- Young Carer bookable sessions to talk to a dedicated member of the team
- Family Activity Packs to support families in isolation
We are operating in a very different world at present and want to ensure families have the right support at the right time. We want to reduce the demand on statutory services, including GP Practices, hospitals and local authorities.
Please can you share the enclosed information with your teams and pass on our details to anyone you think may benefit from registering with us. We can now take new registrations via telephone and email so give us a call on 01429 283 095. Please give me a call if you require any further information.
Thank you for your support.
Hartlepool Carers Chief Executive Officer
Please see below for more information and to register