If your child attends St. Hild's Church of England School and is in receipt of free school meals the government voucher scheme will be accessible to you from Sunday 5th April 2020, then each Sunday after this until further notice.
Please note this is a temporary scheme to ensure your child gets their entitlement during the current partial school closure. If you have other children attending different schools you will receive separate notification from their school.
For each child attending our school a £15 voucher per week will be emailed or posted to you. If we have your email address this voucher will come directly from the government to your inbox; please check your junk and spam folders if you do not receive the voucher.
It will be a 16 digit eCode and a link to a website so you can redeem the voucher.
If you do not have an email you can either create an email and join the scheme electronically or we can post/ you can collect a printed voucher from school. Please contact the school office to advise us.
If you have any issues please contact us by telephoning the school office.
Could you be eligible for free school meals?
If your personal circumstances have changed and you think that you may be eligible for free school meals because you now receive a benefit please contact Hartlepool Local Authority at 01429 284188 or e-mail email@example.com.
Free School Meals Online Applications
Parents and Carers with children who are eligible for Free School Meals can apply online using the following link:
Free school meals
An introduction to an eCode Frequently Asked Questions leaflet for Parents is listed below; to view the full F.A.Q.s document please click on the link button below this opening section.
Compliments Select Parent and Carer FAQs
1. What’s the difference between an eCode and an eGift card?
- eCode – this is the 16 digit code which will be sent to you if you receive an email from your school administrator. You’ll need this code to access www.freeschoolmeals.co.uk and choose your supermarket eGift card. You cannot use the eCode directly with the retailer, it must be exchanged for an eGift card.
- eGift card – each supermarket has their own eGift card. To order your eGift, redeem your eCode at www.freeschoolmeals.co.uk.
The eGift card will be sent to the email address entered during check-out and can be spent instore at the chosen supermarket.
Your school may select your eGift card for you and either print it and post it to you, or arrange for you to collect it.
2. How do I use my eCode to select a supermarket eGift card?
We recommend ordering your supermarket eGift at home before going to the store. To select your supermarket eGift card, follow the steps below:
1. Copy eCode from your email
2. Go to www.freeschoolmeals.co.uk
3. Enter the 16 digit eCode (you can enter more than one eCode if you have more than one to redeem)
4. Select a supermarket
5. Enter the amount and add to basket
6. Checkout and enter the email address you would like the eGift card sent to
7. Your eGift card will be processed and sent (please allow up to 3 hours for it to be delivered to your inbox).eCode F.A.Q. Leaflet